Re: B2C, B2B, P2P

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:17:36 PDT

B2G - biz-to-public sector purchasing chain automation. Or, I2I - the next
incarnation of P2P/C2C when P2P comes out of favor.

Look, it's simple: "[we] don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or
process anything... [we] don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or
buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or
processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed... [we] don't want
to do that." [John Cusack, Say Anything]

Given all that, what the hell is the business model?

Eyeballs. Advertising. Seriously, for all that the shit that VCs and
everybody else are heaping on the 3rd-party pays models right now, the
trends say that per-capita domestic spending on online advertising is going
from ~$36 / domestic user last year to around $162 / domestic user by 2003.
The problem isn't the idea, it's the execution. Banner ads suck. What is
needed is "advertising" that's as good as product in itself.

BTW, here's a tangential thought: why isn't there an "Ad Network" on
cable? An all-ads, all the time network? Top-10 ad countdown of the week,
pop-up video-like ad facts, foreign ad show, ad bloopers, nostalgic ads
show, whatever-happened-to ad show, all-beer commercial hour, "behind the
ads," monsters-of-advertising bio show, etc. etc. etc.

You heard it here first.

;-) :-P

jb