Join the list

From: by way of Rohit Khare (jbr@pencoyd.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 09:13:06 PDT

[RK-- welcome, also, to Dean Hughes at hopcount, Cameron Barrett at
alphanumerica, patrick schramm at population2, and Bill Stilwell
at marginalia.org...]

Why let me join? Why not?

I bemoan WAP (I don't know Rohit, and I won't claim to be a friend,
but I brandished his article like a tomahawk in my organization).

I admire Jakob Nielsen. Even when he's wrong, he sounds like he's right.

I'm originally responsible for My Snap <http://my.snap.com/>. Yes,
another look-alike My page, but "standards" are often set by the
majority and/or the winners (My Yahoo), and I'm still at what is now
known as NBC Internet.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, in part because I'm a stickler
for the right words, and they are not always available in a timely
fashion. I've been part of the online-news list
<http://www.planetarynews.com/online-new> for 5+ years, and I've only
stuck my foot in my mouth occasionally. Also very important -- I
prefer email to the web about 4 to 1.

Cheers,

John Roberts
jbr@pencoyd.com

Perhaps nobody knows you're a dog online, but they can certainly
smell your typing.