Re: E-quill: Inverse Zaplets?

From: Jesse (jesse@fsck.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 14:16:16 PDT

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 04:46:02PM -0400, Meltsner, Kenneth wrote:
> Aside from the relatively bizarre security model (i.e. it's in the T & Cs
> for their services that you ought to be a good boy), I can't figure out how
> they expect to make any money. No ads, no fees, no storage charges -- am I
> missing something?

Those are all things that can be layered on later. Starting off with a totally
'free' service is a great way to build marketshare. It also might be that
they intend to sell servers to entities that want private shared servers...

--
jesse reed vincent --- root@eruditorum.org --- jesse@fsck.com
pgp keyprint: 50 41 9C 03 D0 BC BC C8 2C B9 77 26 6F E1 EB 91