Re: More Napster Pablum

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 20:32:19 PDT

Quick addendum.

> I've done that, and the unfortunate and somewhat shocking conclusion
> that I've reached is that there's something fundamentally screwed about
> the notion of bits-as-property.

By the way, the irony of my own argument is not at all lost on me: I'm
making this argument *despite* having outed myself as a rabid Lockian
proponent of property rights, right here on this very list ages ago. Still
--- and this causes me no small amount of consternation --- the problem of
applying physical property laws in all their dimensions to bits is becoming
ever-more apparent to me over time.

jb