Re: Prelude to the Singularity

From: ThosStew@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 06:24:47 PDT

In a message dated 7/27/2000 7:18:38 PM, ejw@ics.uci.edu writes:

>Why isn't the publishing industry also under fire?

It is, it is--just not as noisily, perhaps because the intellectual property
thieves, who are mostly under 22, would rather steal music than books or
magazines. Stephen King's new book, companies like fatbrain, and the digital
delivery of magazine content are all grave threats to existing publishing
models. It's slower coming, but it's obvious and has been obvious for a long
time. In 1994, I delivered a speech at the Stanford publishing course that