Re: Prelude to the Singularity

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 08:15:38 PDT

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]And I'll assert that you're wrong in your conclusions. While all your
--]facts are correct, ask yourself this question: how quickly after
--]invention did each of those innovations --- telegraph, railroad,
--]"industrialization" begin having a real, tangible impact on as large a
--]fraction of the world population? Considering the US alone, the
--]Internet has gone from little-known academic workhorse to over 50%
--]household penetration in the US in a *decade.*

Well truth be told the ineternet was created in the late 60s and did not
hit the Headline MassGrassRoots statuts till 1994-95

thats almost 30 years

--]Well, Jim, all I can say is that I think you're mistaken in asserting
--]that "software for home use is still distributed on CDs."

The majority of the software is probably snet over the lines these days. I
know my freinds, family and myself all get our goods via access nodes not
cds. Cds are for storage, burn to a fine crisp on your own CDR

--]> Or you could just publish this pablum.
--]
--]Oh, gee, thanks Jim. What crawled up your ass?
--]
--]

Next on fork Proctologoists Protocols ---The Heres Looking Up Your Old
Address RFQ

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org