From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (email@example.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 15:00:16 PDT
Of course you have to read it straight from the horse's <<insert
whichever end suits your opinions here>>.
A Message to the Napster Community from Hank Barry And Shawn Fanning
* Napster CEO Hank Barry today said: "We're gratified and appreciative
* of the 9th Circuit Court's decision today to allow the Napster
* community to continue operating while our appeal of the injunction
* is pending. We want to thank the Napster community for their support
* during this period.
* "I believe the Napster technology can help everyone involved in
* music - including artists, consumers, and the industry. New
* technologies can be a win-win situation if we work together on
* building new models - and we at Napster are eager to do so." Napster
* Founder Shawn Fanning said:
* "I am happy and grateful that we do not have to turn away our 20
* million users and that we can continue to help artists. We'll keep
* working and hoping for the best," said Shawn Fanning.
* Napster's service will continue in operation, and Napster will
* continue its positive "Buy-cott", urging its users to buy the CDs of
* artists who have come out in support of the music community (a list
* can be found on the Napster web site.)
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sat Jul 29 2000 - 15:00:47 PDT