Re: A reminder to the music industry

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 23:35:49 PDT

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, DaveNet email wrote:

--]
--]Is it true that the artists make no money? If not, please explain.

The question sort of begs a scripted answer. I thik if you have been
looking at folks in the music biz talking about this for the last few
YEARS you miht already know this answer.

In case your new to the debate here aresome web pages you need to study
now if not sooner.

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

http://www.negativland.com/intprop.html

http://www.virtualrecordings.com/challenge.htm

http://www.public-enemy.com/hype/

http://www.ibslaw.com/melon/archive/502_chuckd.html

http://www.schneier.com/street_performer.html

This should get you started.

--]
--]If Napster is unfair, why is it OK for AOL to do the same thing?
--]

Once again your beggin a question here with something that just dont
matter. We all are going to use it regardless. When the music industry
finaly decides its lost enough money/prestige/control (real or perceived)
then it MIGHT get off its doopa and do something.

Frankly i much rather they dont. Im getting much more out of this without
the middle men in the way.

Ill say it again and again

http://www.schneier.com/street_performer.html
http://www.schneier.com/street_performer.html