Re: Uncle Dave ponders the meaning of namespaces

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:36:34 PDT

Dan thanks for the thoughtful response, but this is a slippery slope.

I fear it's hopeless. XML, as promoted by the W3C, is not for people who
love the Web. We continue to have this argument. It's a total waste of time.

Try a mental exercise. RDFize RSS. Add namespaces. Let the schema people
have their way. What once was something that any HTML coder and Perl
scripter could understand becomes a bookshelf of arcane specs and minutiae.

I thought FoRK was a good place to discuss this, Adam put me in the mood
last night, blame him not me ;->. Frustrated that we can't have one little
part of the Web that doesn't get The Treatment.

Dave