Re: Uncle Dave ponders the meaning of namespaces

From: Dan Brickley (Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 10:21:57 PDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Dave Winer wrote:

> This is the morass that XML is caught up in, people with super bad
> attitudes, pissing all over people who work hard and just want to have a
> good time. You should read the Napster spec.[...]

That's strong language to couple with such a vague accusation. Examples
please. I don't see the connection with napster.com. This is the
computer industry - bad attitudes, hard work and funseeking are par for
the course, no? I don't see any badder attitudes from the XML crowd than
anyone else.

BTW, where's the Napster spec? (not to mention the linux version...)

--danbri