Why is RDF hard?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 07:27:08 PDT

This landed on the Web today, I had nothing to do with it. Synchronicity.
Gotta love it. ;->

http://converge.cti.dtu.dk/news/stories/storyReader$85

Stop and think XML fans.

Imho, RSS gained traction because it's simple.

Taking it into RDF-Land is the biggest boner ever.

When will XML people get that there are other people out there who don't
share their love abstraction piled on abstraction.

Dave (Math major, graph theory, yes I get it, I love abstraction, but I'm a
commercial developer who gets no pleasure from creating things that no one
uses.)