Re: Ellison on Loserhood

From: Linda (joelinda1@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 12:17:24 PDT

Eugene Leitl wrote:

<<Do healthy people on Prozac peform better? Anyone knows?>>

I'm not aware of any good studies to support this. Might just
cause side-effects.

<< I've just learned that Prozac in healthy people (and animals, give
your dog 5 mg Prozac daily for a few weeks, and watch the difference,
especially if you have several) tends to increase
aggressiveness/assertiveness, which might translate in a higher pecking
order in a corporate setting.>>

Of the SSRI's, Prozac is one which is more likely to cause agitation as
a side-effect. Perhaps that results in the aggressiveness/assertiveness
noted?
I note that the 3rd abstract you linked to uses a dose of Prozac which
is quite high (60mg). That may have influenced the results.

--Linda