Re: [HTTPfutures] Dan Connolly on HTTP goofs and musings / Two Way Web

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 20:49:54 PDT

Adam, I've been posting our progress on Scripting News, but not here. Maybe
I should be doing that. About a week ago we released "upstreaming" for Radio
UserLand.

http://radiodiscuss.userland.com/stories/storyReader$465

Our initial supposition was that to make a writing tool for the Internet
that felt natural we'd have to change the File menu. We found a way to do it
without having to change the File menu at all.

A lot of stuff fell out from that. On the Decentralization list (interesting
list btw) they say we got here first. Apparently a lot of P2P developers are
trying to figure this stuff out. I don't know about that, we're pretty
heads-down, except for the brouhaha over RDF, I haven't really looked up in
the last few weeks.

Dave