Re: Prozac for everyone.

From: Yak Wax (yakwax@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 12:24:25 PDT

Eirikur Hallgrimsson wrote:

> (If Eliezer is actually on FoRK now, watch for
> fireworks! We differ on this. He doesn't
medicate.)

Oh, I think Eli's right on this one: depression is
good for you. It's even kinda nice once you get use
to it. Personally I think hapiness evolved as a way
to insure the status quo when everything's going
right... your tribe's living in paradise -
everything's just great - so to insure you don't fuck
it up Evolution sends you in to a happy stupor where
you just sit around and smile at your kids a lot...

--Wax