Re: What an adventure!

From: cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net
Date: Sat Aug 19 2000 - 23:03:14 PDT

That's my favorite thing about Napster: you can find all kinds of bands
doing all kinds of covers. Bootlegs? Yep. But the fact is, many of the
bootlegs were recorded directly from the equipment the band was using.
The Dead used to do that. They'd have several hundred open jacks for
people to plug into and make 'bootlegs,'s and these were passed around
among other deadheads. Every deadhead I have hung out with has at least
several, if not hundreds, of bootleg tapes. Hmm...and The Grateful Dead
just happens to be the most successful band ever, with the biggest steady
base of fans who listened to these bootlegs as they followed the band
around the country. Everyone got what they wanted. (: But then again,
how many business people could even tolerate such an idea, regardless of
the fact that the Dead made more money than anyone? (;
Some folks need to board the bus.
Sittin in the back seat,
Cindy

 "A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity."
          -- Robert Frost