Re: What an adventure!

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 07:39:54 PDT

Dan, you are making sense here! It's totally a SOAP domain. I feel it has a
right to participate in the market it anticipated. But it has become a
political football for big companies to kick around. I wrote something about
this on Friday, but it has to stay confidential for a few weeks. As soon as
I can share it I will.

Net-net, I don't think it's a SOAP thing. Our industry is no better than the
music industry, the big companies still believe the world will wait for
them, when all evidence and history is contrary to that.

BTW, we're adding user authentication to our XML-RPC implementation this
weekend. It turns out not to be hard, one of my guys already knew how to do
it, I just had to ask the question the right way. Funny how it works that
way.

Dave