Re: What is RDF?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 15:20:25 PDT

Edd, just curious, what did you think would happen?

That I'd just walk away from years of work, and say OK Edd, you get to call
all the shots now, and I'm not even allowed to ask questions?

I've been there, those were Apple's rules. Look where it got them.

I'm clearly asking questions that cut close to the core of your assumptions
about yourself. A courageous man would stick around, say his piece, and then
see where we're at then. You're free to ask questions as well, and I'm free
to answer them or not.

I just got off the phone with Paul Andrews of the Seattle Times, and we
talked about exactly this. How come journalists today don't ask tough
questions. And again imho, a good journalist must always ask the toughest
questions of himself. Come back and let's figure this out. Listen. It won't
hurt, these are just bits, there's no threat to you. The worst that could
happen is that you'd learn (maybe) that I have some good ideas, and want to
do the best thing for the most possible people.

Dave