Re: What is RDF?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 17:16:26 PDT

Uhhh, this is exactly the kind of entanglement I want to avoid.

1. I don't think this is personal.

2. I am indeed annoyed by your choosing to call your proposed spec "RSS
1.0", which is now "the emergence of RSS 1.0". Add to my annoyance, my
confusion. Is it a proposal or has it emerged?

3. The other people involved, who I have been talking about with for a lot
longer than I have been talking with you, know what I want to do. I've
posted it ad nauseum over and over and over. I got my answer. We don't want
to do it your way. And we think this is RSS 1.0. That's a pretty good
blow-off, imho.

4. Your name got dragged into it by Dale, Rael, Edd, and yourself as
justification for taking complete control of the future of RSS. So don't
blame me if it's personal, get out of the hotseat by clearly saying you
don't own it. While I didn't get the clear answer I was looking for, I am
satisfied that that justification for your taking control is no longer on
the table. It never should have been on the table at all, imho.

5. You can do whatever you want, probably, but don't expect it to get swept
under the rug. If you come to the table with an attitude of compromise, you
might be surprised that we can all quickly get back to work making more cool
software and writing docs and aggregators and tools.

Dave