rms: Stallman does it again

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 03:42:51 PDT

<vent>
Gotta vent a little here.. I dislike being libelled and defamed
publicly.

It's a good thing I can -- and do -- distinguish between the
GNU project and Richard Stallman, because it means I can
continue to respect the former while the latter's most
recent defamatory personal attack on me erodes my respect
for him even further.

<URL:http://www.egroups.com/message/cvswebedit/44> and
nearby messages. (Unfortunately, at the moment you need
to be a member of the list, or of eGroups, or something.
I'm going to ask the archives be made public; it's a worthwhile
project, I think.)

By the way, as far as I am aware, all of rms' assertions about
me are lies. I'm not hostile to GNU in the least, although I
don't like the GPL, won't use it, and do sometimes refer to it
as the 'Cambridge virus.' The measure of my 'hostility' that
apparently sets rms off is that I consider his claims that
'Linux' is more properly 'GNU/Linux' to be specious, and told
him so in 1999. So now I'm a 'long-time enemy of the GNU
project,' making repeated attacks, unjust accusations, and
distortions concerning it. (Not.)

That's as much as I'm going to say, before I agitate myself into
making an ad hominem attack on *him*.
</vent>

--
#ken    P-)}