Re: rms: Stallman does it again

From: Robert Harley (Robert.Harley@inria.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 05:11:14 PDT

http://www-csag.cs.uiuc.edu/individual/pakin/complaint?title=&firstname=Richard&middlename=M.&lastname=Stallman&suffix=&gender=m&shorttype=l&pgraphs=1

Stallman's whinges are not pedantic treatises expressing theories or
extravaganzas dealing in fables or fancies. They are substantial,
sober outpourings from the very soul of irrationalism. Stallman's
personal interest in seeing his beliefs (as I would certainly not call
them logically reasoned arguments) shoved down people's throats is
pea-brained, but that's to be expected of him. Let's understand one
fundamental fact: Stallman has two imperatives. The first is to
distract people from serious analysis of the situation. The second
imperative is to help condescending fugitives evade capture by the
authorities.

I must emphasize that forbearance and kindly deportment are lost upon
Stallman. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification,
an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true. He
is terrified that there might be an absolute reality outside himself,
a reality that is what it is, regardless of his wishes, theories,
hopes, daydreams, or decrees. I receive a great deal of correspondence
from people all over the world. And one of the things that impresses
me about it is the massive number of people who realize that
Stallman's dotty activities utilize legal, above-ground organizing in
combination with illegal, underground tactics to trick our children
into adopting unconventional, disapproved-of opinions and ways of
life. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are
ever to convince the government to clamp down hard on his
insinuations.

=:-)

Rob.