Re: Sony too big for its boots

From: Jeff Bone (jbone@jump.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 13:28:01 PDT

I really wonder what Nobuyuki Idei thinks about his subordinate's comments and their impact on
all the tremendous goodwill Sony has spent vast effort accumulating? Matters not what the
actual corporate opinion is, but bozos like Heckler can trash in moments what takes decades to
create.

Case in point: I'm the world's biggest Sony fan, have owned nothing but Sony consumer
electronics and computers for years. Bet my first company on Sony, in a sense; even pitched
Idei. But seeing Heckler run amok like this does give me pause about my blind loyalty.

But, I guess, anyone can make a bad hire. Or a bad judgement call.

jb