Re: Intel Forms Peer-to-Peer Working Group

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 16:43:32 PDT

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Adam Rifkin wrote:

> develop applications that would help implement it. In addition to Intel,
> current members of the group are: AppleSoup, Applied MetaComputing,
> CenterSpan, Distributed Science, Dotcast, Enfish Technology, Engenia
> Software, Entropia, Groove Networks, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kalepa,
> MangoSoft, Popular Power, Static, United Devices, Uprizer and vtel.

*laughs*

Knowing a bunch of those people, and how well they play with others. I
can predict exactly where this working group will go faster then you can
say "crash and burn" (well, OK, _all_ working groups end up the same
place, so this isn't revelation or anything)... I even delt with the
Intel boys way back when, and... get this, they thought it P2P would
encourage sales of the Intel high end chip line. They wanted 100%
control then, I doubt that has changed...

Wait wait, does this mean they will have a product in 6-8 years, if they
all actually work together that is? This can only be good for the people
not in the working group.

*ROFL*

Now where is that amazing grace MP3...

- Adam L. Beberg