Re: [Street.com] Krispy Kreme Heats Up

From: Lane Becker (lane@monstro.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 23:36:45 PDT

>Intrigued, I just had to research this further on the company website:
>
>"Our Hot Doughnuts Now sign, when illuminated, is a signal to our
>customers that our signature product, Hot Original Glazed doughnuts, is
>being made. The Hot Doughnuts Now sign is a strong impulse purchase
>generator and an integral contributor to our brand's mystique."
>
>So that's how they draw in repeat business! A Pavlovian conditioned
>response?!

my god, have you never had a hot krispy kreme donut?! they're amazing,
and they *must* be eaten while hot. it's a completely different
experience. when they're hot, you don't so much eat them as inhale; you
don't swallow, really, you just... absorb. they're the donut equivalent
of cotton candy.

ding ding.

lane