Re: computing budgeting (fwd)

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 17:03:29 PDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Kragen Sitaker wrote:

> If I were building a timesharing system today, I would expect that the
> majority of users would spend less than a dollar per year each for disk
> space, RAM, and CPU time. I'd still charge them, but I wouldn't bother
> to try to extract payment until the balance was over $10.

Rock on dude. You got about the same numbers I did, really tiny ones.
Too bad the big companies still have a deathgrip on bandwidth pricing :(

The cycle/disk-selling models are starting to show their cracks
bigtime. And I happen to know a couple major press sources will be
ripping the models to shreads in the next 2 months. Too bad I couldn't
finish my whitepaper before everyone else noticed, oh well.

     Game Over

*dances on the grave while trying not to get draged in by association*

- Adam L. Beberg
  Mithral Communications & Design, Inc.
  The Cosm Project - http://cosm.mithral.com/
  beberg@mithral.com - http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/