Re: Huge drivespace Re: computing budgeting (fwd)

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 10:29:05 PDT

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]Rafe Colburn wrote:
--]
--]> On 9/7/00 at 1:05 PM Jeff Bone wrote:
--]> >Tom Whore wrote:
--]> >> "Bandwidth expands to fit the waste available"
--]> >
--]> >Absolutely true. But it says nothing about timeframes or
--]> discontinuities.
--]>
--]> I've seen voidmaster's law quoted many times (mostly by the Voidmaster
--]> himself), but I've always thought it was just nonsense.
--]
--]Oh, sorry, the only problem is that you don't speak tomwhore. I myself had
--]this problem in the ancient past. Utterances in tomwhore often initially
--]parse as nonsense, but are actually deep, deep jewels of wisdom.
--]
--]I am absolutely sincere about this, no smileys attached. Learning to speak
--]tomwhore changed my life. (Okay, sincere smile on that one. :-)
--]
--]The transliteration from tomwhore to English is: "Waste expands to fit
--]bandwidth available." But there are hidden meanings in the literal mode.

Hey, on this one you cant fault me one iota. Thats quote is from Voidmstrs
site itself. No spelling probs and no typos on my part mas amigos.

Heres the url
http://www.voidmstr.com/

And if you want to talk to voidmstr about it go see hime at #mindvox on
efnet.

What it means is what it says. The bandwidth we have will expand to fit
all the waste we can make. Waste of course is voids view of movies, music,
porn, games, pretty much anything he doesnt like whcih is a heck of a lot
of stuff. We dont call him The Fresh Crumudgeon of Bel Aire for
nothing.:)-

So if we are making more "waste" and dear lord are we ever, there will be
bandwidth enough to fit it all.

Its the revers look on the old adage "build it and they will come"; this
is more like "oh shit they all showed up, lets build a bigger house"

But like I said, go to voids site and talk to void yourself. Even after
being on VAL for years he is still pretyy cohenrent.

    [---===tomwhore@ []wsmf.org []inetarena.com []slack.net===---]
                   WSMF's web site ----http://wsmf.org