RE: drudge in deep fudge

duck (duck@cci-29palms.com)
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:20:39 -0700

At 10:02 PM 8/12/97 -0700, Joe Barrera wrote:
>How should I feel about the fact that I don't even know who Cuannan is?

Lucky.

>It's not that I don't keep up with the news... it's just that I usually
>refuse to read anything about manhunts or mothers drowning their
>children or seven-year-olds committing capital crimes or Betsy the
>panda/owl/lion giving birth in captivity.

I'd worry about you more if you did know who he was. I envy your
ignorance on this matter and in my own defense, it's only because i work
for a gossip rag that i know way too much about the freak. (He's the guy
that shot Versace (that's "V-e-r-s-a-c-e") a few weeks ago, after killing
four other "interesting people," before offing himself on a houseboat.)

>BTW, How much press is India's 50th anniversary of independence getting?
>I noticed that the San Jose Mercury News is running some feature stories
>about it... (http://www.sjmercury.com/news/asia/)

Last Sunday's NYT Travel section had a big piece on India. Check
it out at http://www.should-have-saved-your-sunday-paper.com.

">
duck

"Your manuscript is both good and original, but the part that is good is not
original, and the part that is original is not good."

-- Editorial letter from Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)