Re: Uh, have the woman I want???

duck (duck@cci-29palms.com)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:41:42 -0700

At 12:07 PM 8/13/97 -0700, I Find Karma wrote:
>Usually we can tell pretty quickly if the other person is inappropriate.
>Until you know that, fine, stick with the program.
>
>But as soon as you know the other person is not THE ONE, you should pack
>your bags and move on. And this should happen preferably before the tides
>of dating/romance/sex are allowed to flow.

Methinks you're looking at the world through Adam-colored glasses.
You are the lucky one. You found the big IT, you found it early in life,
and you found it accessible. You're assuming that we, the alone, know
where the Mother of All Stones lies, or will recognize it on sight, but
would rather instead collect pebbles and shells. Personally, i'm not going
to ignore the rest of the beach as i search for the Stone, and in fact i
fully expect that the stone lies hidden within one of the pebbles, not
sitting on an altar around the corner with a sign on its neck screaming
"here I am!" (do stones have necks?)
I admire and envy many things about you, Adam, but none as much
as the fact that you found Michelle. It's easy to tell the Captain how to
steer the ship through the fog if you're already sitting in the lighthouse,
but remember, he doesn't have your vantage point (and towards Tim's
defense, you don't get to enjoy the sea-sickness ).

">

******
"New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people
around whom you shouldn't make a sudden move."

-- David Letterman