Re: [Finding] the woman I want???

CobraBoy! (tbyars@earthlink.net)
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:12:26 -0700

Ernest Prabhakar around 2:21 PM -0700 on 8/13/97, contributed to the
bitstream with this:

> So, are we down to an anagram? I believe in God, Tim believes in dog?
> Help, Wayne!
>
> Not that I don't accept his analogy. The more girls I've dated, the
>more I
> appreciate my dog.
>
> Tim wrote:
> >Every past
> >girlfriend I have ever ran into, I always wonder what I saw in that person.
> >Of course I remember the good times, but they have always to me been at
> >that point stranger that I wouldn't stop and talk to.
>
> Not to pound a sensitive nerve, but for me that would raise a red flag of
> what are you seeking that drove you into a relationship in the first
>place.
> As for me, I was actually thinking about how to get ahold of all the past
> women in my life, as I would definitely want them at my wedding (if things
> work out with the LA girl). Not to gloat over them (though I did consider
> that) but because I consider them a valuable part of who I am, and who I've
> become.
>
> Of course, to invoke the previous thread, my claim is that I am anchored in
> who I am precisely through my relationship with the divine, and all my
>female
> relationships are mediated the same way, hence I have one core invariant
> amidst all the other changes.
>
> In fact, I would see Tim's comment supporting Adam's viewpoint (not that
> we're keeping score or anything :=). There is in fact the danger than the
> method one uses to explore the many are incompatible with what it would
>take
> find the ONE. Some good things do only come to those who wait.

That is a very good point. And one worth considering. My point I guess is
that everytime I've run into an old girlfriend, she is either stuck in
exactly the same thing, or is married with kids. So in either sense, we
have little in common at that point.

-

... at least you can drive something fast, arm your-
self with powerful tools, and look good doing it.
- Preview Release of the Be Operating System

<> tbyars@earthlink.net <>