Re: I am so totally controlled by my environment...

Seth Golub (seth@cs.wustl.edu)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:21:50 -0500 (CDT)

Rohit Khare <khare@mci.net> writes:

> I dine alone, with bits in hand, and I find myself alternately
> stretching one or the other until they reach mutual climax.

I do the same thing sometimes. My mother's solution, for when she did
this too, was to dish out portions before starting to eat, and not go
back for more. I've tried that, and sometimes it's effective.
Sometimes I just keep going back for more, but at least then it's
necessarily more deliberate. If I need to get off my ass to reach the
food, I'm more likely to notice and just take the bits elsewhere or
switch tasks for a while.