Re: Orange County: Who Put The HUB in Hubba Hubba

David Crook (
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 21:34:00 -0700

All this fawning over LA and OC and not one mention of Long Beach? Even
after they built that nifty aquarium, for shame.

I do take one issue with the article, Orange County IS totally whitebread.

Dave "Long Beach, its like OC with a real sense of community and lots more
guns" Crook

At 10:43 PM 7/31/98 EDT, wrote:
>Why the FoRK'd should go here:
>In the August Atlantic Monthly article "Travels Into America's Future" the
>author, Robert D. Kaplan makes Orange Co sound like the future center of the
>universe. A large part of the three-part article is about how it's positioned
>itself as the tech development leader of tomorow. Kaplan is respected for a
>lot of reasons, foremost being his "finger-on-the-pulse" interpretation of
>societal changes. He's earned his reputation by being right.

David Crook -
CommWerks - Industrial Strength Internet Solutions