Re: [LA] Beastie Boys Tickets for Sat Sept 12th?

Rohit Khare (rohit@fdr.ICS.uci.edu)
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 15:35:59 -0700

> On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Rohit Khare wrote:
>
> > Tickets go on sale this saturday for a second show on the Hello Nasty tour
> > at the Great Western Forum. Most importantly, the Asian Dub Foundation
> > is making a special appearance as the opening act!
> > \me is in. Anyone else?
>
> For $30 a pop, no way. I like their music, but am not accustomed to paying
> more than $5-7 for a show.

Generation gap? I go rarely, but I expect to be screwed. Even club covers are
$10+.

>Why so high? Why is everything in the Grand Royal
> catalog so expensive? Even Sonic Youth was half that price.

Copyrights? :-)

Sigh,
Rohit

(the sigh because they have bundled something I don't absolutely need with
something I do: the ADF... but if there's a good story to be had, it'll be
worth it.)

--

Rohit Khare -- UC Irvine -- 4K Associates -- +1-(626) 806-7574 http://www.ics.uci.edu/~rohit -- http://xent.ics.uci.edu/~FoRK