Re: Music bits; lyrics to "One Week" and "Bittersweet Symphony"

David Crook (dcrook@commwerks.com)
Sun, 09 Aug 1998 14:58:23 -0700

WILKINS@hws.edu wrote:

> It would seem to me that Adam is making a statement that indicates
> a belief (like that of many other Americans) that "mainstream"
> is defined as commercial success in the USA ;-) (yes, I have added
> the mandatory winky-smiley to indicate that I am making this comment
> in fun and as an over-generalized sweeping observation rather than
> a statement of truth).

No, I think its more related to the fact that Americans usually forget
that you all even have electricity, much less radios, up there north of
the border. Imagine our surpise when talented musicians come from there
as well. :-)

Dave "I see your over-generalized sweeping observation and raise you"
Crook