Re: FreePAC Method

Steve Nordquist (signa@tfs.net)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:59:32 -0500

Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:

> free with the subscriber service. Heck, sound
> cards are now obselete with USB. They are giving away
> sound cards witha $11 rebate. I think I have to
> agree with Barksdale, they will be giving away computers

USB does 1.5MB/s, which I should think rather limitsthe audio
applications available, or at least puts studio
applications on stilts. Firewire seems to be running a little
slow in practice despite the promised 6-video-streams,
14 banana peels, 2 5.7 Dolby, coffee grounds and an apple.

'o4o macs go for a $25 handling fee ($20 to ship, and
the sRGB monitor is extra) so far, and no need for GPS.