Re: San Jose (and Ted Nelson)

Yukari M (viola@morelerbe.com)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 15:05:31 -0700

Hey SaL,

I'm not so sure if I could ever make it down to San Jose
(though I AM in Palo Alto now), but I'd definitely love to
try the Epicurean stuff :-)

And yes, is there any one of you FoRKs who might cross the
Bay to say Hi to Ted Nelson next Thursday?

I'm the one who helped Ted and Marlene get settled when they
moved in from Sapporo, Japan to Keio U's SFC (Shonan Fujisawa
Campus) where Ted is now based back in the spring of 1996.
<http://www.keio.ac.jp>

I hope you remember me, Adam. We met at SFC :-)

Cheers,

- Yukari, now visiting Stanford U

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:43:14 -0400,
Sally Khudairi <khudairi@w3.org> wrote:

| Yes.
|
| On the cultural side
|
| San Jose Museum of Art. The January 1998 Calder Exhibit was fabulous.
| Curerntly on exhibit:
|
| > Alternating Currents: American Art
| > in the Age of Technology
| > October 18, 1997 - October 18, 1998

| > Face to Face, A Site-Specific Installation
| > by Patrick Dougherty
| > January 10, 1998 - January 1999

| > Jim Campbell: Reactive Works
| > June 13 - September 6, 1998

| > In Over Our Heads: The Image of Water
| > in Contemporary Art
| > June 13 - September 20, 1998

| On the epicurean side
|
| ...the walnut shrimp [I know, but it only *sounds* vile] at Pagoda [The
| Fairmont]. A sensual contrast of succulent shrimp with carmelized walnuts.
| Not at all seemingly Chinese, but with such explosive flavor, who cares.
|
| ...the vanilla gelato at Il Fornaio [Hyatt Sainte Claire]. Don't let them get
| away with giving you 3 different flavors in the same dish. Order only
| vanilla.
|
| All three are within a 2-minute walk of each other. Go.
|
| The purist,
| SaL'
|
| John M. Klassa wrote:
| >
| > So is there anything one shouldn't miss while in San Jose...?
| >
| > --
| > John Klassa / Alcatel Telecom / Raleigh, NC, USA <><

---
Yukari Mitsuhashi
Stanford Terrace Inn - Rm # 106
531 Stanford Avenue  Palo Alto, CA 94306
Phone: 650-857-0333 (with Voice Mail)  Fax: 650-857-0343