RE: Source Code Control / Configuration Management Query

Jim Whitehead (ejw@ICS.uci.edu)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:21:35 -0700

By far, the *best* one stop does it all source for information on version
control and software configuration management systems is the Configuration
Management Yellow Pages, maintained by Andre van der Hoek at the University
of Colorado, Boulder.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~andre/configuration_management.html

For an excellent survey of configuration management systems, I recommend the
following paper by Conradi and Westfechtel, available at:

ftp://ftp-i3.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/reports/CW98.ps.gz

It is titled, "Version Models for Software Configuration Management", and is
the best overview of the field of versioning research I have seen to date,
considered a must-read for versioning and CM researchers in any discipline.

- Jim