Re: Opera Available for Free

From: Udhay Shankar N (udhay@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 19:03:25 PST

At 04:12 PM 12/6/00 +0100, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/20001206.html
>
>THE BROWSER WAR LIGHTS UP IN EUROPE:
>THE LEGENDARY OPERA WEB BROWSER FINALLY AVAILABLE FOR FREE
>
>OSLO, NORWAY - December 6, 2000 - Opera Software today unleashed Opera
>5.0 for Windows

I just love the convenient new feature where you can search google (among
other search services) by typing 'g searchwords' into the URL window. I
note, however, that

* it passes the query along to bfast.com first
* the resulting google URL includes a 'sourceID' string

Is Opera building a database like Alexa (or even google, with its new
toolbar) ? What's up with this ?

Udhay

      God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.