Re: Network World: IMPPlosion

From: B.K. DeLong (bkdelong@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 09:55:14 PST

At 08:58 AM 12/19/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>To the disappointment of the IETF community, instant messaging leader AOL
>has not been involved with any of the three transport protocols or the
>common message format.
>"I'd be happier if AOL had submitted input to the documents or had
>commented on any of the documents, but that didn't happen," says Leslie
>Daigle, co-chair of the IETF instant messaging working group.

I'm surprised no one has called AOL on the carpet regarding their total
non-participation seeing as they have a majority of the IM market cornered
with AIM and ICQ. If they've showed no interest so far in contributing to a
standard then they simply need to be publicly bullied into participating.
Simple as that.

>--

B.K. DeLong
Research Lead