Re: guns (Re: Cell phones of death!)

From: Rodent of Unusual Size (Ken.Coar@Golux.Com)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 20:59:25 PST

ThosStew@aol.com wrote:

> The Prohibition example I understand.
> but doesn't apply. No one (in this thread) has suggested
> that guns be banned, as liquor was.

I believe that Damien, Tony, and yourself have emitted statements
that are difficult to construe any other way. I'll accept
that there may be an error in communication.

> They're (I'm) only suggesting that illegal guns be confiscated
> (illegal stills shut down) and that illegal users be called on it
> (minors be carded). That DID work.

Um, it did? Why then does underage drunken driving account
for such an astonishing number of deaths? If it worked so well,
why was it repealed? I wasn't there; was it repealed because
The People wanted to frink after all, or because the experiment
was deemed unworkable? (Ir a combination, or other factors.)

--
#ken    P-)}

Ken Coar <http://Golux.Com/coar/> Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/> "Apache Server for Dummies" <http://Apache-Server.Com/> "Apache Server Unleashed" <http://ApacheUnleashed.Com/>