Re: guns (Re: Cell phones of death!)

From: Tom Whore (tomwhore@inetarena.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 11:03:52 PST

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]> --- In fork@egroups.com, Matt Jensen <mattj@n...> wrote:
--]> ...I won't necessarily trust people to make up their
--]> own
--]> >public safety rules and be self-enforcing.
--]
--]There's no way around it: you either have to trust up front and punish
--]when trust is broken, or accept some form of coercive tyranny. Me, I'll
--]opt for the greater risk in return for greater autonomy.
--]

This takes us back a few months to the "greater good of all controling
uberbots" thread.

If you dont trust people then who do you trust? A goverment is made up of
...People. So by subverting your trust to a givermnts legislation you have
once again be confronted with trusting people. bzzt you loose

The famous "those that would give up..." quote fits here.

So if people are out of the trust circle then you turn to either a bot,
which of course was created and programmed by ...people..or religion,
which by and large is the creation of....people.

People people everywhere, but not a trust for thee.

So where is our sheeple going to draw the line now?

Side topic, here in portland or, home of one of the best tranist systems
in the country, we have a few stupid laws that outlaws skate baording in
certian areas. Like Duh. If the goal is to reduce oil bunring cars why
ban a device that requires only foot power? Insane. The city gov is
contesting that skate boarding equate hoolaganism. Sheesh. Time to drop
some poundage and get em a skate board bilt for the "large assed" set. I
many legislators will want to try to stop a 390 pound mass in
full shred.

"Choice Personal Choice"

      /"\ [---=== WSMF ----http://wsmf.doesntexist.com===---]
      \ /