Re: ARTICLE: Despite the buzz, peer-to-peer startups lackbusiness benefits

From: Gregory Alan Bolcer (gbolcer@endtech.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 10:47:32 PST

I don't see what you're saying as differing. The value
of some of these communities had to do with the ultimate eventual goal
that these sites may be able to suck some loyalty out of them
making their sites sticky so that they can hook the visitors
almightly e-commerce spending habits.

Reading that back, it almost sounds pornographic. The user
values were based on the fact that in the future they might
be able to sell them something eventually. Another
way to compute Napster's value is $1M/month in t-shirt
revenues, 50-times revenue valuation is about $600M. Wow!
Napster is overvalued by $200M.

Greg

--
Gregory Alan Bolcer        | gbolcer@endtech.com    | work: 949.833.2800