Re: ARTICLE: Despite the buzz, peer-to-peer startups lack business benefits

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 16:49:20 PST

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

> I'm just engaging in my usual self-limiting behavior, naively assuming
> that folks are interested in building a sustainable business that will
> outlast their involvement with the company. I'm just old-fashioned.
> Y'all know that by now. :-)

*gasp* Oh my god, you're one of us. I haven't heard anyone else use the
words "sustainable business" in... a very long time...

You have to be careful about saying that in mixed company these days or
people will think you're a freak that cares about their reputation or
something other then the american mantra GET RICH QUICK. Definately never
mention those words to a VC, anyone in a startup, or anything dot-com.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com