Re: MSIE/Mac in P2P mode

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 12:29:33 PST

Kenneth, we're doing a series of "desktop websites" that run on local
hardware and interface to network services running in XML-RPC, SOAP, and
XML. My theory is that the dotcom euphoria had to die down, it was too easy
to make money by opening centralized servers and going IPO on the perceived
value of eyeballs. Now that we can't do that anymore, we have to take the
load off the servers so we can have more users, and we have to produce
software they can run that has a pricetag on it. The technology industry
returns to its roots, making software for people to create their own
communication channels and spaces. Dave