Re: Personal/group proxy rant was RE: MSIE/Mac in P2P mode

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 13:00:19 PST

Kenneth, we are building on RSS, and it's got a twist.

What I wanted was a router. So if I put a link on Scripting News that also
belongs on the SOAP weblog, it should show up in a queue where I can click
on a checkbox and have it routed to the SOAP weblog.

I actually have about a dozen categories I route into now. You can see the
XML files that come out of my desktop website here. Each one is like a
mini-Scripting News, with deeper coverage of each topic, aggregating news
from lots of different sources according one editor's (me) judgment.

dave@userland.com/rss/">http://www.ourfavoritesongs.com/users/dave@userland.com/rss/

The biggest one so far is the Dot-Coms channel. Lots of news there in the
last week or so..

Eventually we'll ship this app as part of Radio, but it's such a weird
thing, it's going to take a while to figure out how to explain it. Even the
guys on my team got confused. ;->

Next steps: updates for Radio and Frontier, and then add a macro to Manila.

Dave