Re: ARTICLE: Despite the buzz, peer-to-peer startups lack businessbenefits

From: Dave Long (dl@silcom.com)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 14:35:19 PST

> ... If
> I'm asked to get involved as an employee with something, it needs to at
> least be able to sustain itself ...

> Nobody ever claimed that intelligence
> was a survival trait for the individual, just for the species.

I think the same argument applies to sustainability of business
ventures. Because shareholders can diversify over a basket of
ventures, they will look dimly upon risk aversion which is, to
their interests, overkill. Survival of capital should win any
conflicts with survival of the individual corporation, so any
given corporation should show much less risk aversion than the
average shareholder.

-Dave