Fwd: The Week Online with DRCNet, Issue #166 (fwd)

From: Carey Lening (carey@tstonramp.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 23:25:15 PST

I love stats... Specifically ones that really point something out. Below
is an article DRC(Drug Reform coordination Network) published for this
week, regarding the census size of the states versus the Prison State. Its
amazing when the prison state gets so large, that it compares to or is
larger, than the populations of free citizens in certain states.

WHats even more bothersome, is that a larger and larger number are in there
on drug charges. pft.

Also included is an article that deals with one of the reasons I don't
watch Tv. THis goes back to the 1997 Congressional appropriation for a
five-year billion dollar anti-drug ad campaign to be serviced through
individual television shows. Ever notice why all those drug themes keep
popping up? ;) In general, the media bothers me, but I have to admit,
this one takes one of the cakes. Gotta give the FCC some props though, for
actually (sorta) doing something about it. Or at least keeping the sheep
informed.

- -BB