Re: remember when searching for "more evil than satan" would bring upMicrosoft?

From: Jay Thomas (jay@thomas.vg)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 20:15:54 PST

Speaking of this issue...

After having had waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too many rusty nails (so excuse the
TomWhore-style typos)....

Went to a gun show today (ATTN: Liberals! Gotta close that loophole!!!
Americans are being allowed to sell their personal property without
Government approval!!! This must be evil!!)

In NH. And saw nothing but Massachusetts FFL's there. I find it
interesting that MA has some of the strictest gunlaws in the US (how do
we explain last months shooting of seven in Wakefield?), and given the
chance, all of it's law abiding business people will scoot to another
state to sell their products to escape regulations (we wont discuss blue
laws, and the fact that every sunday my local beer-ateria parking lot is
crowded with Mass. plated cars)

The really scary part... I expected a revival meeting. I expected to
walk out rejuvenated, having been surrounded by fellow-travelers,
discussing the evil Dem plot to disarm us.

Instead, I was disarmed (voluntarily) at the door by a Salem, NH officer
(got to keep my Glock, had to turn over my clip, complete with 10 rounds
of .40 S&W hollows, TG I carry extras.)

And saw a whole buncha fat old white-guys selling bayonets, survival
gear, pamphplets on evil jews and the new world order, a whole buncha
nazi and soviet medals, uniforms, and assorted paraphernalia, and
collector items like powder horns from 250 years ago, knives, clips,
beef-jerky. Very few actual *guns*, which was what I was there for.

And then I saw, clearly, the stereotype. Not sure I want to be
associated with that. I felt bad having paid $7 to attend this. Hence
the post. Sigh. Fortunately, I saw several suburban dads, complete with
rugrats in tow, looking, I assume, for the same things I was. But it's
certainly frustrating, as a gun nut, to have to share the "party" with
this crew. This is what people think of whan we say "Yes, I own some
guns". Sigh.

Rohit, get back out here soon, and go shooting with me. I want to turn
you into a gun-nut. We need more "normal" folk in our gang. And on FoRK.

Jay (sigh) drunkonasaturdaynightinnewhampshire.
cdale@silly.techmonkeys.net wrote:

> I was looking for a news story about a shooting here, and entered, "police
> shoots naval officer mississippi" and what turns up???
> http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/2917/ill5.html
> AN ILLUMINATI OUTLINE OF HISTORY
> 1950 C.E. TO 1973 C.E.
>
> wah!#@
> Hail Eris!

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those
with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig"
-Clint Eastwood, "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" 1967