Re: corruption of Indian youth?

From: Udhay Shankar N (udhay@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 18:53:46 PST

At 12:44 PM 1/7/01 -0800, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:

>No, not Rohit's pinup girl or the secret FoRK command center in Langley
>Pines/Bretton Woods/some forest in Virginia, but a new wrinkle in the
>ever-complexifying story called the FoRK-Files.... :-)
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/computing/01/03/india.crime.reut/index.html

There's been a huge amount of discussion about this here in India.
Executive summary: Dewang Mehta, the head guy at NASSCOM, is a publicity
hound who is very much a '97%-er'. He's jumped the gun a bit on this one,
there are apparently no immediate plans to do this. See the discussions at

http://www.egroups.com/list/india-gii/
http://lists.linux-india.org/cgi-bin/wilma/linux-india-general

(it's not one single thread, you'll have to do a hunt for 'NASSCOM'. For
flavor, I forward one of the messages from the Linux-India list:)