Re: [CNET] Web services -- a 2001 thing?

From: Dave Winer (dave@userland.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 11:37:39 PST

RE: [CNET] Web services -- a 2001 thing?Mike, interesting thread..

I have my own two cents to add.

We threw in the towel yesterday with Aaron Swartz's help.

It's a long story. Here's the gist of it.

We decided to try an experiment for a new interface we came up with called rssCloud.

http://www.thetwowayweb.com/soapMeetsRss

At first we supported only SOAP and XML-RPC.

Aaron coaxed us into supporting HTTP-POST too.

"Let the market decide."

Dave

PS: What a silly idea --> getting into a bake-off with a guy named Baker. ;->