Re: AIM at the RIM

From: Stephen D. Williams (sdw@lig.net)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 16:43:42 PST

evan.cordes@monkey.org wrote:

> > From: "Gregory Alan Bolcer" <gbolcer@endTECH.com>
>
> There's also a palm client available, if you've got a palmos machine
> with an IP. I've not used it myself, but I bet the i/f beats Sprint's.
>
> Evan

The RIM (aka 'Crackberry') rocks, tried the AOL RIM at CES Sunday. With eLink
and my normal (non-AOL) RIM, email is really useful and nice. AOL's RIM has
completely custom software that only supports their email and IM (of course)
and not yet any other features like contacts, calendar, calculator, etc.

Sprint PCS AOL IM is awful, although getting other information such as
weather, market news, etc. was easier than some articles have lead me to
believe. (The two about the study in Great Britain, the 'more developed'
mobile market that indicated 2 minutes to find the weather.)

Based on what Jabber has for Palm, it seems like a reasonable platform.
Cooler looking but harder to achieve input compared to RIM.

sdw

--
sdw@lig.net                 sdw@insta.com                 swilliams@Jabber.com
Stephen D. Williams         Insta, Inc./Jabber.Com, Inc./CCI     http://sdw.st