Re: Trendspotting: The OReilly P2P Conference

From: Adam L. Beberg (beberg@mithral.com)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 09:11:06 PST

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Keith Dawson wrote:

> At 12:26 PM -0800 2001-01-16, Adam L. Beberg wrote:
> >Noone I know is attending in a non-speaker way, nor could they
> >afford to adding in the taking off work part.
>
> Well, I hope to be there. As press, who also get in free.

*chuckles* OK, ya got me there... of course the press could just read fork
and save time ;)

As the singularity approaches, is it possible to spot a trend plan a
meatspace conference and have it before the trend is a distant memory?

P2P is fading, now we're on to the "2-way web", a.k.a. using the internet
like it was ment to be used before the firewalls came and stopped us. Seems
also to promise to offload costs to "someone else" (doesn't everything?)...

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com